Subject: Re: next: armv7: kernel BUG at mm/slub.c:4240! - PC is at __kmem_cache_create+0x580/0x588

From: "Arnd Bergmann" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2023 09:13:50 +0200

On Tue, Apr 18, 2023, at 08:51, Naresh Kamboju wrote:

> <0>[    0.000000]  __kmem_cache_create from create_boot_cache+0x9c/0xc4
> <0>[    0.000000]  create_boot_cache from kmem_cache_init+0x8c/0x150
> <0>[    0.000000]  kmem_cache_init from mm_core_init+0x34/0x44
> <0>[    0.000000]  mm_core_init from start_kernel+0x18c/0x3b4
> <0>[    0.000000]  start_kernel from 0x0
> <0>[    0.000000] Code: e3100801 1affff5b eaffff62 e7f001f2 (e7f001f2)
> <4>[    0.000000] ---[ end trace 0000000000000000 ]---
> <0>[    0.000000] Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill the idle task!
> <0>[    0.000000] ---[ end Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to
> kill the idle task! ]---
>

Sorry about this regression. Andrew picked up my follow-up fix today,
should work again tomorrow:

https://lore.kernel.org/all/[email-masked]/T/#u
https://lore.kernel.org/all/[email-masked]/

     Arnd