Subject: -next status at v7.1-rc1

From: Thierry Reding <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2026 16:52:06 +0200

Hi Linus,

Mark predicted that linux-next was going to be relatively easy right
after v7.1-rc1. Not too much going on at the moment, just some fallout
from various changes in bpf-next that I reported (and were already
known, judging by the feedback I got) and that will hopefully get fixed
soon.

I got through the merge pretty quickly, but I'm still finding my way
around the scripts and had to rewrite some of them to match my build
infrastructure. The builds should roughly cover what Mark and Stephen
do. I'm sure various builders like KernelCI will complete the results.

Trees being held at old versions:

  bpf-next       	next-20260424

No trees have signoff problems

Non-merge commits relative to Linus' tree: 775
 998 files changed, 91327 insertions(+), 10126 deletions(-)

Top trees adding commits to -next:

  98	amdgpu
  96	drm-xe
  54	mm-nonmm-unstable
  40	stm32
  38	sched-ext