Subject: linux-next: Tree for Apr 22

From: Mark Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2026 14:21:42 +0100

Hi all,

The merge window is open, so please to not addd any v7.1) material
to your linux-next included branches until after the merge window closes.

I will be on holiday from 25th April to 15th May, Thierry Reding has
generously volunteered to provide some cover from 25th April to 8th May.

Changes since 20260421:

The mm-hotfixes tree lost it's build failure.

The mm-unstable tree lost it's build failure.

The mm-nonmm-unstable tree lost it's build failure.

The loongson tree acquired a conflict with Linus' tree.

Non-merge commits (relative to Linus' tree): 1597
 1882 files changed, 48035 insertions(+), 24436 deletions(-)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have created today's linux-next tree at
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/next/linux-next.git
(patches at http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/next/ ).  If you
are tracking the linux-next tree using git, you should not use "git pull"
to do so as that will try to merge the new linux-next release with the
old one.  You should use "git fetch" and checkout or reset to the new
master.

You can see which trees have been included by looking in the Next/Trees
file in the source.  There is also the merge.log file in the Next
directory.  Between each merge, the tree was built with a defconfig
for arm64, an allmodconfig for x86_64, a multi_v7_defconfig for arm,
an arm64 build of various kselftests, a KUnit build and run on arm64,
and a native build of tools/perf.  After the final fixups (if any), I do
an x86_64 modules_install followed by builds for x86_64 allnoconfig,
arm64 allyesconfig, powerpc allnoconfig (32 and 64 bit),
ppc44x_defconfig and pseries_le_defconfig and i386, s390, sparc and
sparc64 defconfig and htmldocs.

Below is a summary of the state of the merge.

I am currently merging 420 trees (counting Linus' and 128 trees of bug
fix patches pending for the current release).

Stats about the size of the tree over time can be seen at
http://neuling.org/linux-next-size.html .

Thanks to Paul Gortmaker for triage and bug fixes.