Subject: Re: linux-next: build warnings after merge of the mediatek tree

From: Johnson Wang <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2022 17:42:42 +0800

On Wed, 2022-08-31 at 15:42 +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi all,
> 
> After merging the mediatek tree, today's linux-next build (arm64
> defconfi)
> produced these warnings:
> 
> arch/arm64/boot/dts/mediatek/mt8173.dtsi:1450.35-1471.5: Warning
> (power_domains_property): /soc/vcodec@18002000: Missing property
> '#power-domain-cells' in node /soc/syscon@10006000 or bad phandle
> (referred from power-domains[0])
> arch/arm64/boot/dts/mediatek/mt8173.dtsi:1502.35-1522.5: Warning
> (power_domains_property): /soc/vcodec@19002000: Missing property
> '#power-domain-cells' in node /soc/syscon@10006000 or bad phandle
> (referred from power-domains[0])
> arch/arm64/boot/dts/mediatek/mt8173.dtsi:1450.35-1471.5: Warning
> (power_domains_property): /soc/vcodec@18002000: Missing property
> '#power-domain-cells' in node /soc/syscon@10006000 or bad phandle
> (referred from power-domains[0])
> arch/arm64/boot/dts/mediatek/mt8173.dtsi:1502.35-1522.5: Warning
> (power_domains_property): /soc/vcodec@19002000: Missing property
> '#power-domain-cells' in node /soc/syscon@10006000 or bad phandle
> (referred from power-domains[0])
> arch/arm64/boot/dts/mediatek/mt8173.dtsi:1450.35-1471.5: Warning
> (power_domains_property): /soc/vcodec@18002000: Missing property
> '#power-domain-cells' in node /soc/syscon@10006000 or bad phandle
> (referred from power-domains[0])
> arch/arm64/boot/dts/mediatek/mt8173.dtsi:1502.35-1522.5: Warning
> (power_domains_property): /soc/vcodec@19002000: Missing property
> '#power-domain-cells' in node /soc/syscon@10006000 or bad phandle
> (referred from power-domains[0])
> arch/arm64/boot/dts/mediatek/mt8173.dtsi:1450.35-1471.5: Warning
> (power_domains_property): /soc/vcodec@18002000: Missing property
> '#power-domain-cells' in node /soc/syscon@10006000 or bad phandle
> (referred from power-domains[0])
> arch/arm64/boot/dts/mediatek/mt8173.dtsi:1502.35-1522.5: Warning
> (power_domains_property): /soc/vcodec@19002000: Missing property
> '#power-domain-cells' in node /soc/syscon@10006000 or bad phandle
> (referred from power-domains[0])
> 
> Introduced by commit
> 
>   d3dfd4688574 ("arm64: dts: mediatek: Update mt81xx scpsys node to
> align with dt-bindings")
> 

Hi Stephen,

I help TingHan to send this email because he encounters some IT issue.
---
I send a patch to fix these warnings.

https://lore.kernel.org/all/[email-masked]/

I'm sorry to produce these warnings.

Best regards,
TingHan
---

BRs,
Johnson Wang