Subject: Re: Adding NFC tree to -next

From: Thierry Reding <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 May 2026 21:21:56 +0200

On Sun, May 03, 2026 at 12:47:42PM +0200, David Heidelberg wrote:
> Hi Mark,
> 
> Could you please add
> 
>   https://codeberg.org/linux-nfc/linux.git for-linus
>   https://codeberg.org/linux-nfc/linux.git for-next
> 
> to -next?
>   for-linus will typically include fixes for NFC targeting the current
> development cycle.
>   for-next include things for the next merge window.
> 
> If there are any issues or questions, please let me know.

I've added this from today. I'm a bit behind on schedule because I've
been battling with a new setup, but this should be part of today's
release if I manage to finish it in time.

I've added you as contact for the tree. If you want anyone else (or a
mailing list) to be listed, please let me know.

Thanks for adding your subsystem tree as a participant of linux-next.
As you may know, this is not a judgement of your code. The purpose of
linux-next is for integration testing and to lower the impact of
conflicts between subsystems in the next merge window.

You will need to ensure that the patches/commits in your tree/series have
been:
     * submitted under GPL v2 (or later) and include the Contributor's
        Signed-off-by,
     * posted to the relevant mailing list,
     * reviewed by you (or another maintainer of your subsystem tree),
     * successfully unit tested, and
     * destined for the current or next Linux merge window.

Basically, this should be just what you would send to Linus (or ask him
to fetch). It is allowed to be rebased if you deem it necessary.

Thanks,
Thierry