Subject: linux-next: Tree for May 18

From: Mark Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2026 18:03:53 +0100

Hi all,

Thanks again to Thierry for covering while I was on holiday!

Changes since 20260508:

The watchdog-fixes tree was added.

The vfs-brauner-fixes tree lost it's build failure.

The vfs-brauner tree acquired a build failure due to an internal
semantic conflict for which I applied a fixup that unfortunately fails
to build sparc64_defconfig.

The mm-nonmm-unstable tree acquired a KUnit failure, I used the version
from next-20260506 instead.

The rdma tree acquired a conflict with the origin tree.

The bluetooth tree acquired a conflict with the origin tree.

The drm tree acquired a conflict with the origin tree.

The iommu tree acquired a conflict with the arm-soc tree.

The kvm-x86 tree acquired a conflict with the tip tree.

The cgroup tree acquired a conflict with the mm-unstable tree.

The mm-hotfixes tree acquired a build failure for which I applied a
revert.

Linus' tree acquired a build failure for which I applied a revert.

Non-merge commits (relative to Linus' tree): 5467
 6387 files changed, 358135 insertions(+), 121907 deletions(-)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have created today's linux-next tree at
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/next/linux-next.git
(patches at http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/next/ ).  If you
are tracking the linux-next tree using git, you should not use "git pull"
to do so as that will try to merge the new linux-next release with the
old one.  You should use "git fetch" and checkout or reset to the new
master.

You can see which trees have been included by looking in the Next/Trees
file in the source.  There is also the merge.log file in the Next
directory.  Between each merge, the tree was built with a defconfig
for arm64, an allmodconfig for x86_64, a multi_v7_defconfig for arm,
an arm64 build of various kselftests, a KUnit build and run on arm64,
and a native build of tools/perf.  After the final fixups (if any), I do
an x86_64 modules_install followed by builds for x86_64 allnoconfig,
arm64 allyesconfig, powerpc allnoconfig (32 and 64 bit),
ppc44x_defconfig and pseries_le_defconfig and i386, s390, sparc and
sparc64 defconfig and htmldocs.

Below is a summary of the state of the merge.

I am currently merging 423 trees (counting Linus' and 130 trees of bug
fix patches pending for the current release).

Stats about the size of the tree over time can be seen at
http://neuling.org/linux-next-size.html .

Thanks to Paul Gortmaker for triage and bug fixes.