Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the amdgpu tree

From: Mark Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2026 12:40:13 +0100

Hi all,

After merging the amdgpu tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
allmodconfig) failed like this:

/tmp/next/build/drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/../display/amdgpu_dm/amdgpu_dm_psr.c:64:6:
error: no previous prototype for 'amdgpu_dm_psr_fill_caps'
[-Werror=missing-prototypes]
   64 | void amdgpu_dm_psr_fill_caps(struct dc_link *link, struct psr_caps *caps)
      |      ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
cc1: all warnings being treated as errors make[7]:
/tmp/next/build/drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/../display/amdgpu_dm/amdgpu_dm_hdcp.c:163:6:
error: no previous prototype for 'process_output'
[-Werror=missing-prototypes]
  163 | void process_output(struct hdcp_workqueue *hdcp_work)
      |      ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
cc1: all warnings being treated as errors make[7]:
*** [/tmp/next/build/scripts/Makefile.build:289:
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/../display/amdgpu_dm/amdgpu_dm_hdcp.o] Error 1
/tmp/next/build/drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/../display/amdgpu_dm/amdgpu_dm_color.c:429:1:
error: no previous prototype for '__extract_blob_lut'
[-Werror=missing-prototypes]
  429 | __extract_blob_lut(const struct drm_property_blob *blob, uint32_t *size)
      | ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/tmp/next/build/drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/../display/amdgpu_dm/amdgpu_dm_color.c:446:1:
error: no previous prototype for '__extract_blob_lut32'
[-Werror=missing-prototypes]
  446 | __extract_blob_lut32(const struct drm_property_blob *blob, uint32_t *size)
      | ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/tmp/next/build/drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/../display/amdgpu_dm/amdgpu_dm_color.c:467:6:
error: no previous prototype for '__is_lut_linear'
[-Werror=missing-prototypes]
  467 | bool __is_lut_linear(const struct drm_color_lut *lut, uint32_t size)
      |      ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/tmp/next/build/drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/../display/amdgpu_dm/amdgpu_dm_color.c:498:6:
error: no previous prototype for '__drm_lut_to_dc_gamma'
[-Werror=missing-prototypes]
  498 | void __drm_lut_to_dc_gamma(const struct drm_color_lut *lut,
      |      ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/tmp/next/build/drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/../display/amdgpu_dm/amdgpu_dm_color.c:538:6:
error: no previous prototype for '__drm_lut32_to_dc_gamma'
[-Werror=missing-prototypes]
  538 | void __drm_lut32_to_dc_gamma(const struct drm_color_lut32 *lut, struct dc_gamma *gamma)
      |      ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/tmp/next/build/drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/../display/amdgpu_dm/amdgpu_dm_color.c:558:6:
error: no previous prototype for '__drm_ctm_to_dc_matrix'
[-Werror=missing-prototypes]
  558 | void __drm_ctm_to_dc_matrix(const struct drm_color_ctm *ctm,
      |      ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/tmp/next/build/drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/../display/amdgpu_dm/amdgpu_dm_color.c:592:6:
error: no previous prototype for '__drm_ctm_3x4_to_dc_matrix'
[-Werror=missing-prototypes]
  592 | void __drm_ctm_3x4_to_dc_matrix(const struct drm_color_ctm_3x4 *ctm,
      |      ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/tmp/next/build/drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/../display/amdgpu_dm/amdgpu_dm_color.c:873:1:
error: no previous prototype for 'amdgpu_tf_to_dc_tf'
[-Werror=missing-prototypes]
  873 | amdgpu_tf_to_dc_tf(enum amdgpu_transfer_function tf)
      | ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/tmp/next/build/drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/../display/amdgpu_dm/amdgpu_dm_color.c:904:1:
error: no previous prototype for 'amdgpu_colorop_tf_to_dc_tf'
[-Werror=missing-prototypes]
  904 | amdgpu_colorop_tf_to_dc_tf(enum drm_colorop_curve_1d_type tf)
      | ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/tmp/next/build/drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/../display/amdgpu_dm/amdgpu_dm_color.c:926:6:
error: no previous prototype for '__to_dc_lut3d_color'
[-Werror=missing-prototypes]
  926 | void __to_dc_lut3d_color(struct dc_rgb *rgb,
      |      ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/tmp/next/build/drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/../display/amdgpu_dm/amdgpu_dm_color.c:937:6:
error: no previous prototype for '__drm_3dlut_to_dc_3dlut'
[-Werror=missing-prototypes]
  937 | void __drm_3dlut_to_dc_3dlut(const struct drm_color_lut *lut,
      |      ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/tmp/next/build/drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/../display/amdgpu_dm/amdgpu_dm_color.c:983:6:
error: no previous prototype for '__to_dc_lut3d_32_color'
[-Werror=missing-prototypes]
  983 | void __to_dc_lut3d_32_color(struct dc_rgb *rgb,
      |      ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/tmp/next/build/drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/../display/amdgpu_dm/amdgpu_dm_color.c:994:6:
error: no previous prototype for '__drm_3dlut32_to_dc_3dlut'
[-Werror=missing-prototypes]
  994 | void __drm_3dlut32_to_dc_3dlut(const struct drm_color_lut32 *lut,
      |      ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
cc1: all warnings being treated as errors make[7]:
*** [/tmp/next/build/scripts/Makefile.build:289:
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/../display/amdgpu_dm/amdgpu_dm_color.o] Error 1
/tmp/next/build/drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/../display/amdgpu_dm/amdgpu_dm_crc.c:48:32:
error: no previous prototype for 'dm_parse_crc_source'
[-Werror=missing-prototypes]
   48 | enum amdgpu_dm_pipe_crc_source dm_parse_crc_source(const char *source)
      |                                ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/tmp/next/build/drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/../display/amdgpu_dm/amdgpu_dm_crc.c:66:6:
error: no previous prototype for 'dm_is_crc_source_crtc'
[-Werror=missing-prototypes]
   66 | bool dm_is_crc_source_crtc(enum amdgpu_dm_pipe_crc_source src)
      |      ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/tmp/next/build/drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/../display/amdgpu_dm/amdgpu_dm_crc.c:74:6:
error: no previous prototype for 'dm_is_crc_source_dprx'
[-Werror=missing-prototypes]
   74 | bool dm_is_crc_source_dprx(enum amdgpu_dm_pipe_crc_source src)
      |      ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/tmp/next/build/drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/../display/amdgpu_dm/amdgpu_dm_crc.c:82:6:
error: no previous prototype for 'dm_need_crc_dither'
[-Werror=missing-prototypes]
   82 | bool dm_need_crc_dither(enum amdgpu_dm_pipe_crc_source src)
      |      ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
cc1: all warnings being treated as errors make[7]:

Caused by commit

   3c108046e1d6f (drm/amd/display: Add power module on Linux)

I have used the version from next-20260518 instead.