Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the kvm tree with the origin tree

From: Mark Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2026 17:59:35 +0100

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the kvm tree got a conflict in:

  arch/x86/kvm/x86.c

between commit:

  b60621c5121c9 ("KVM: x86: Fix ERAPS RAP clear on INVPCID single-context invalidation")

from the origin tree and commit:

  e31de5791093d ("KVM: x86: Drop the "EX" part of "EXREG" to avoid collision with APX")

from the kvm tree.

I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating
with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

diff --cc arch/x86/kvm/x86.c
index 0550359ed798f,48f259015ce44..0000000000000
--- a/arch/x86/kvm/x86.c
+++ b/arch/x86/kvm/x86.c
@@@ -14330,7 -14309,7 +14316,7 @@@ int kvm_handle_invpcid(struct kvm_vcpu 
  		 * the RAP (Return Address Predicator).
  		 */
  		if (guest_cpu_cap_has(vcpu, X86_FEATURE_ERAPS))
- 			kvm_register_mark_dirty(vcpu, VCPU_EXREG_ERAPS);
 -			kvm_register_is_dirty(vcpu, VCPU_REG_ERAPS);
++			kvm_register_mark_dirty(vcpu, VCPU_REG_ERAPS);
  
  		kvm_invalidate_pcid(vcpu, operand.pcid);
  		return kvm_skip_emulated_instruction(vcpu);