Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the sched-ext tree

From: Mark Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2026 14:51:41 +0100

Hi all,

After merging the sched-ext tree, today's linux-next build (arm_multi_v7
defconfig) failed like this:

/tmp/next/build/kernel/bpf/core.c:3379:13: error: redefinition of
'bpf_arena_handle_page_fault'
 3379 | __weak bool bpf_arena_handle_page_fault(unsigned long addr, bool is_write,
      |             ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In file included from /tmp/next/build/include/linux/bpf.h:9,
                 from /tmp/next/build/include/linux/filter.h:9,
                 from /tmp/next/build/kernel/bpf/core.c:21:
/tmp/next/build/include/linux/bpf_defs.h:12:20: note: previous definition
of 'bpf_arena_handle_page_fault' with type 'bool(long unsigned int,
bool, long unsigned int)' {aka '_Bool(long unsigned int, _Bool, long
unsigned int)'}
   12 | static inline bool bpf_arena_handle_page_fault(unsigned long addr, bool is_write,
      |                    ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Caused by commit

  dc11a4dba2464 (bpf: Recover arena kernel faults with scratch page)

I have used the version from next-20260525 instead.