Subject: linux-next: Tree for Jun 2

From: Mark Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2026 08:16:39 +0100

Hi all,

Changes since 20260601:

The btrfs tree acquired a conflict with the btrfs-fixes tree.

The vfs-brauner tree lost it's build failure.

The kbuild tree acquired a conflict with the clang-fixes tree.

The jc_docs tree acquired a conflict with the kbuild tree.

The imx-mxs tree acquired a build failure, I used the version from
next-20260601.

The v4l-dvb tree acquired a conflict with the origin tree.

The security tree gained a build failure due to an interaction with the
bpf-next tree for which I applied a revert.

The cxl tree acquired a conflict with the nvdimm tree.

Non-merge commits (relative to Linus' tree): 9287
 10254 files changed, 545708 insertions(+), 202987 deletions(-)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have created today's linux-next tree at
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/next/linux-next.git
(patches at https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/next/ ).  If you
are tracking the linux-next tree using git, you should not use "git pull"
to do so as that will try to merge the new linux-next release with the
old one.  You should use "git fetch" and checkout or reset to the new
master.

You can see which trees have been included by looking in the Next/Trees
file in the source.  There is also the merge.log file in the Next
directory.  Between each merge, the tree was built with a defconfig
for arm64, an allmodconfig for x86_64, a multi_v7_defconfig for arm,
an arm64 build of various kselftests, a KUnit build and run on arm64,
and a native build of tools/perf.  After the final fixups (if any), I do
an x86_64 modules_install followed by builds for x86_64 allnoconfig,
arm64 allyesconfig, powerpc allnoconfig (32 and 64 bit),
ppc44x_defconfig and pseries_le_defconfig and i386, s390, sparc and
sparc64 defconfig and htmldocs.

Below is a summary of the state of the merge.

I am currently merging 423 trees (counting Linus' and 130 trees of bug
fix patches pending for the current release).

Stats about the size of the tree over time can be seen at
http://neuling.org/linux-next-size.html .

Thanks to Paul Gortmaker for triage and bug fixes.