Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the drm tree

From: Mark Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2026 14:32:16 +0100

Hi all,

After merging the drm tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64 allmodconfig)
failed like this:

/tmp/next/build/drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/amdgpu_vm.c:1623:52: error: variable 'bo' is uninitialized when used here [-Werror,-Wuninitialized]
 1623 |                 if (!adev->debug_vm && !amdgpu_ttm_tt_get_usermm(bo->tbo.ttm) &&
      |                                                                  ^~
/tmp/next/build/drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/amdgpu_vm.c:1603:22: note: initialize the variable 'bo' to silence this warning
 1603 |         struct amdgpu_bo *bo;
      |                             ^
      |                              = NULL

Caused by the combination of

  1c824497d8acd ("drm/amdgpu: fix calling VM invalidation in amdgpu_hmm_invalidate_gfx")

from the drm-fixes tree and commit:

  4cdbba5a16aaf ("drm/amdgpu: restructure VM state machine v4")

from the drm tree.  I cherry picked the fix

  b6444d1bcbc34 (drm/amdgpu: fix calling VM invalidation in amdgpu_hmm_invalidate_gfx)

from the amdgpu tree.