Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the net-next tree with the wireless tree

From: Mark Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2026 14:33:13 +0100

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the net-next tree got a conflict in:

  net/mac80211/cfg.c

between commit:

  1b659e979685b ("wifi: mac80211: fix NULL dereference of eht_oper in ieee80211_start_ap()")

from the wireless tree and commit:

  a384ae9699025 ("wifi: cfg80211: move AP HT/VHT/... operation to beacon info")

from the net-next tree.

I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating
with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

diff --cc net/mac80211/cfg.c
index 32c3ada18665b,fb4c1c2981596..0000000000000
--- a/net/mac80211/cfg.c
+++ b/net/mac80211/cfg.c
@@@ -1595,10 -1715,9 +1715,10 @@@ static int ieee80211_start_ap(struct wi
  				(IEEE80211_EHT_PHY_CAP7_NON_OFDMA_UL_MU_MIMO_80MHZ |
  				 IEEE80211_EHT_PHY_CAP7_NON_OFDMA_UL_MU_MIMO_160MHZ |
  				 IEEE80211_EHT_PHY_CAP7_NON_OFDMA_UL_MU_MIMO_320MHZ);
 -		link_conf->eht_disable_mcs15 =
 -			u8_get_bits(params->beacon.eht_oper->params,
 -				    IEEE80211_EHT_OPER_MCS15_DISABLE);
++		if (params->.beacon.eht_oper)
 +			link_conf->eht_disable_mcs15 =
- 				u8_get_bits(params->eht_oper->params,
++				u8_get_bits(params->beacon.eht_oper->params,
 +					    IEEE80211_EHT_OPER_MCS15_DISABLE);
  	} else {
  		link_conf->eht_su_beamformer = false;
  		link_conf->eht_su_beamformee = false;