Subject: Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the tip tree

From: Thomas Gleixner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2014 22:02:17 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 4 Jun 2014, Olof Johansson wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 4, 2014 at 3:49 AM, Thomas Gleixner <[email-masked]> wrote:
> So, we'll dial back and stop taking these patches through our tree
> without an explicit ack or shared branch from you (or Daniel on
> clocksource). Not a problem at all.

I prefer the shared branch (for clocksource and irqchip) either from
me or from Daniel(clocksource) / Jason (irqchip).

That way you can proceed and we can do our unrelated changes without
creating merge dependencies.

> On the other hand, it would have been a lot easier
> to handle had the code on your end landed a bit sooner than in the
> middle of the merge window.

I know. I was just burried in futex wreckage for almost a week...

> Not much I can say besides what's above and that I owe you a few beers
> at the next conference.

Don't worry. I let off steam and all is good if we can avoid this in
the future. Though I'm certainly up for a few beers :)

Thanks,

	tglx