Subject: Re: [next-20170217] WARN @/arch/powerpc/include/asm/xics.h:124 .icp_hv_eoi+0x40/0x140

From: Thomas Gleixner <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2017 14:04:12 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 21 Feb 2017, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:

> On Mon, 2017-02-20 at 21:55 +1100, Michael Ellerman wrote:
> > But when we're called for CONFIG_DEBUG_SHIRQ get_irq() is not called,
> > precisely because we're faking an interrupt.
> > 
> > I'm not sure if there's a good way to fix it :/
> 
> In the irq_replay path we have code to adjust the CPPR stack. We could
> do something similar.
> 
> HOWEVER. Looking at current upstream code I don't understand the error,
> the DEBUG_SHIRQ code is calling the driver's handler not the flow
> handler so it shouldn't be called handle_fasteoi_irq or am I missing
> something ?

I tried to invoke the normal handler path which also invokes the flow
handler, but that breaks on x86 as well for different reasons. I zapped
that commit and still need to find a way to do that debug thing proper. So
it's appearence in -next was only temporary.

Thanks,

	tglx