Subject: Re: [BUG -next] ./usr/include/cxl/features.h:11:10: fatal error: uuid/uuid.h: No such file or directory

From: Venkat Rao Bagalkote <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2025 19:12:46 +0530

On 02/04/25 5:14 pm, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 02, 2025 at 11:57:04AM +0530, Venkat Rao Bagalkote wrote:
>>> So the various kernel-build howtos will be updated?  Or is a patch
>>> forthcoming?
> I was going to pick up Dan's patch after the merge window closes

I have tested the proposed patch by applying on top of main line kernel, 
and kernel builds with out any issue.

Note: Tested this patch by uninstalling uuid-devel package.

Commit Head on which this patch was 
applied:acc4d5ff0b61eb1715c498b6536c38c1feb7f3c1

In case if you decided to merge this patch, please add below tags.

Reported-by: Venkat Rao Bagalkote <[email-masked]>

Tested-by: Venkat Rao Bagalkote <[email-masked]>

>
>> FYI, now the issue is on the main line kernel also.
> I thought the header test stuff was disabled now?? How are people
> hitting this?

On main line, I started seeing this issue with below head commit.

Commit ID: 91e5bfe317d8f8471fbaa3e70cf66cae1314a516

Regards,

Venkat.

> Jason