Subject: linux-next: manual merge of stm32 tree with the arm-soc tree

From: Thierry Reding <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 May 2026 11:55:06 +0200

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the stm32 tree got a conflict in:

  arch/arm64/configs/defconfig

between commit:

  f54f7979ff88 ("arm64: defconfig: Move entries to match savedefconfig")

from the arm-soc tree and commit:

  515aa8b11884 ("arm64: defconfig: Enable STMicroelectronics STM32 display support")

from the stm32 tree.

This one is weird. It looks like a version of the stm32 tree was
already merged into Linus' tree as:

  407b861f4d0c ("arm64: defconfig: Enable STMicroelectronics STM32 display support")

And then reset to the slightly older version above. Please make sure to
have your stm32-next branch point to the version that ended up getting
merged into Linus' tree, or roll it forward to v7.1-rc1 so we don't end
up trying to pull (nearly) the same version of the code again.

I fixed it up by using the version from arm-soc. This is now fixed as
far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial conflicts should be
mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree is submitted for
merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating with the maintainer
of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly complex conflicts.