Subject: Re: linux-next: build warnings after merge of the net-next tree

From: Paolo Abeni <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2025 11:53:38 +0200

Hi,

On 8/1/25 6:42 AM, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Jul 2025 18:31:29 +1000 Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>
>> After merging the net-next tree, today's linux-next build (htmldocs)
>> produced these warnings:
>>
>> include/linux/virtio.h:172: warning: Excess struct member 'features' description in 'virtio_device'
>> include/linux/virtio.h:172: warning: Excess struct member 'features_array' description in 'virtio_device'
>>
>> Introduced by commit
>>
>>   e7d4c1c5a546 ("virtio: introduce extended features")
> 
> I am still seeing those warnings.  That commit is now in Linus' tree.

I'm sorry for the latency, I was off-the-grid in the past weeks.

I observed that warnings in an earlier revision of the relevant patch,
but I thought the previous commit:

eade9f57ca72 ("scripts/kernel_doc.py: properly handle
VIRTIO_DECLARE_FEATURES")

addressed it. At least I can't see the warnings locally while running:

make V=1 C=1 htmldocs

Perhaps it's sphinx version dependent? I'm using sphinx-build 7.3.7
Could you please share the exact command line and tools version used?

Thanks,

Paolo