Subject: Re: [PATCH] virtio: fix virtio_config_ops kerneldocs

From: Ricardo Cañuelo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2022 10:54:17 +0100

Hi Bagas,

Thanks for the review, some comments below:

On 20/12/22 10:12, Bagas Sanjaya wrote:> On Tue, Dec 20, 2022 at 08:37:09AM +0100, Ricardo Cañuelo wrote:
> Describe the steps needed to fix both warnings above. I see in the diff that:
> 
>    * move vq_callback_t() declaration above;
>    * match entity type of virtio_config_ops; and
>    * reformat @finalize_features description.

I wouldn't like to add redundant info in the commit message for
such a trivial patch. The commit message describes _what_ the
patch does. The _how_ is just as clear in the patch itself as in
this description, IMO.

> 
>> Signed-off-by: Ricardo Cañuelo <[email-masked]>
> 
> You need to add appropriate tags:
> 
> Link: https://lore.kernel.org/linux-next/[email-masked]/
> Fixes: 333723e8bc393d ("docs: driver-api: virtio: virtio on Linux")
> Reported-by: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>

Thanks for the tip although, actually, it's not that commit that
needs to be fixed but the kerneldoc itself. The warnings were
made visible after that commit but not introduced by it. I'll add
the Reported-by tag in v2.

Cheers,
Ricardo