Subject: Re: linux-next: Tree for January 12 (unlzo)

From: Phillip Lougher <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 00:26:56 +0000

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 11:22 PM, Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Hi Randy,
>
> On Tue, 12 Jan 2010 08:30:13 -0800 Randy Dunlap <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>
>> arch/x86/boot/compressed/../../../../lib/decompress_unlzo.c:53: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before 'parse_header'
>> arch/x86/boot/compressed/../../../../lib/decompress_unlzo.c:90: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before 'unlzo'
>>
>> Problem is the "INIT" there, seems to be undefined.
>
> Caused by an interaction between Linus' tree and the squashfs tree that
> is being worked on.  It should not occur with today's linux-next as the
> squashfs changes have been removed pending a fix.

This problem is caused by the introduction of the unlzo code in Linus'
tree, and some patches in
the squashfs-next tree that move things out of
include/linux/decompress/mm.h into separate
xxx_mm.h files for each decompressor.  These parches were, obviously,
done before the unlzo
code was present.

I've fixed the patches in the squashfs-next tree for unlzo, and the
breakage should be fixed :-)

Thanks

Phillip