Subject: [linux-next][selftests/bpf] Kernel ABI header at 'tools/include/uapi/linux/if_xdp.h'

From: Venkat Rao Bagalkote <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2025 17:38:12 +0530

Hello,

I am observing build warnings. while compiling selftests/bpf on the 
next-20250508 repo.

Warnings:

Warning: Kernel ABI header at 'tools/include/uapi/linux/if_xdp.h' 
differs from latest version at 'include/uapi/linux/if_xdp.h'

Auto-detecting system features:
...                                    llvm: [ on  ]

   MKDIR    libbpf
   TEST-HDR [test_progs] tests.h
   MKDIR    bpftool
   MKDIR    include
   MKDIR    no_alu32
   MKDIR    cpuv4
   TEST-HDR [test_maps] tests.h
   MKDIR    resolve_btfids
   LIB      liburandom_read.so
   SIGN-FILE sign-file
   BINARY   uprobe_multi
   MKDIR
   GEN /root/linux-next/tools/testing/selftests/bpf/bpf-helpers.rst
   GEN /root/linux-next/tools/testing/selftests/bpf/bpf-syscall.rst
   GEN 
/root/linux-next/tools/testing/selftests/bpf/tools/build/libbpf/bpf_helper_defs.h
   INSTALL 
/root/linux-next/tools/testing/selftests/bpf/tools/include/bpf/bpf.h
   INSTALL 
/root/linux-next/tools/testing/selftests/bpf/tools/include/bpf/libbpf.h
   INSTALL 
/root/linux-next/tools/testing/selftests/bpf/tools/include/bpf/btf.h
   INSTALL 
/root/linux-next/tools/testing/selftests/bpf/tools/include/bpf/libbpf_common.h
   INSTALL 
/root/linux-next/tools/testing/selftests/bpf/tools/include/bpf/libbpf_legacy.h
   INSTALL 
/root/linux-next/tools/testing/selftests/bpf/tools/include/bpf/bpf_helpers.h
   INSTALL 
/root/linux-next/tools/testing/selftests/bpf/tools/include/bpf/bpf_tracing.h
   INSTALL 
/root/linux-next/tools/testing/selftests/bpf/tools/include/bpf/bpf_endian.h
   INSTALL 
/root/linux-next/tools/testing/selftests/bpf/tools/include/bpf/skel_internal.h
   INSTALL 
/root/linux-next/tools/testing/selftests/bpf/tools/include/bpf/bpf_core_read.h
   INSTALL 
/root/linux-next/tools/testing/selftests/bpf/tools/include/bpf/libbpf_version.h
   INSTALL 
/root/linux-next/tools/testing/selftests/bpf/tools/include/bpf/usdt.bpf.h
   GEN /root/linux-next/tools/testing/selftests/bpf/bpf-syscall.2
   GEN 
/root/linux-next/tools/testing/selftests/bpf/tools/build/libbpf/libbpf.pc
Warning: Kernel ABI header at 'tools/include/uapi/linux/if_xdp.h' 
differs from latest version at 'include/uapi/linux/if_xdp.h'
   INSTALL 
/root/linux-next/tools/testing/selftests/bpf/tools/include/bpf/bpf_helper_defs.h
   INSTALL libbpf_headers
   BINARY   urandom_read
   CC      /root/linux-next/tools/test

If you happen to fix this, please add below tag.

Reported-by: Venkat Rao Bagalkote <[email-masked]>

Regards,

Venkat.