Subject: Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the scsi-mkp tree

From: James Bottomley <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2024 19:56:25 -0500

On Thu, 2024-11-07 at 16:31 -0500, Martin K. Petersen wrote:
> 
> James,
> 
> > No, my tree builds ... or at least the ufs-mcq.c part of it (I
> > checked
> > after I got the merge conflict ... although only with the default
> > configuration).
> 
> I am not questioning that your tree builds. But your for-next branch
> contains UFS code not present in the SCSI tree, effectively reverting
> my conflict resolution.

OK, I figured it out.  We both did the conflict resolution for "scsi:
ufs: core: Fix another deadlock during RTC update" slightly
differently.  I kept the rtc variable introduced in that commit and you
removed it leading to the conflict.  Since it's only in a print, I
don't think it matters, so I followed your resolution.

James