Subject: Re: [PATCH] tracing: fix a build error on alpha and m68k

From: "Frédéric Weisbecker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 18:51:35 +0200

2008/10/23 Ingo Molnar <[email-masked]>:
> hm, zapped the commit then.
>
> the problem is most likely that none of these architectures is lockdep
> enabled, hence they have no irqtrace wrappers, hence not all of the
> tracers can be built on them?
>
>        Ingo
>

But they should be able to use the tracing for several other tracers.
One other problem is that you need CONFIG_TRACE_IRQFLAGS (is that a
lockdep or just trace feature?) to use any tracer since the
tracing_cpumask file is always created for all tracer. This file has
tracing_cpumask_write() as a write operation, and this func uses
raw_local_funcs....

Perhaps we should disable the tracing_cpu_mask related things if
TRACE_IRQFLAGS in not configured?