Subject: Re: linux-next: Tree for Jun 9 (<linux/kvm_host.h>)

From: Randy Dunlap <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2021 15:17:09 -0700

On 6/9/21 5:57 AM, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi all,
> Changes since 20210608:

on i386:

In file included from <command-line>:0:0:
In function ‘__gfn_to_hva_memslot’,
    inlined from ‘__gfn_to_hva_many.part.67’ at ../arch/x86/kvm/../../../virt/kvm/kvm_main.c:1910:9,
    inlined from ‘__gfn_to_hva_many’:
./../include/linux/compiler_types.h:328:38: error: call to ‘__compiletime_assert_235’ declared with attribute error: BUILD_BUG_ON failed: sizeof(_i) > sizeof(long)
  _compiletime_assert(condition, msg, __compiletime_assert_, __COUNTER__)
                                      ^
./../include/linux/compiler_types.h:309:4: note: in definition of macro ‘__compiletime_assert’
    prefix ## suffix();    \
    ^~~~~~
./../include/linux/compiler_types.h:328:2: note: in expansion of macro ‘_compiletime_assert’
  _compiletime_assert(condition, msg, __compiletime_assert_, __COUNTER__)
  ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
../include/linux/build_bug.h:39:37: note: in expansion of macro ‘compiletime_assert’
 #define BUILD_BUG_ON_MSG(cond, msg) compiletime_assert(!(cond), msg)
                                     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
../include/linux/build_bug.h:50:2: note: in expansion of macro ‘BUILD_BUG_ON_MSG’
  BUILD_BUG_ON_MSG(condition, "BUILD_BUG_ON failed: " #condition)
  ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
../include/linux/nospec.h:57:2: note: in expansion of macro ‘BUILD_BUG_ON’
  BUILD_BUG_ON(sizeof(_i) > sizeof(long));   \
  ^~~~~~~~~~~~
../include/linux/kvm_host.h:1194:25: note: in expansion of macro ‘array_index_nospec’
  unsigned long offset = array_index_nospec(gfn - slot->base_gfn,
                         ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Full randconfig file is attached.

-- 
~Randy
Reported-by: Randy Dunlap <[email-masked]>