Subject: RE: linux-next: manual merge of the usb tree with the omap tree

From: Anand Gadiyar <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 20:09:45 +0530

Ming Lei wrote:
> 2011/1/7 Anand Gadiyar <[email-masked]>:
> > Hi Ming Lei,
> >
> > I'm able to reproduce this on my panda, and I have it working as of
> > linux-next-20101221 (the last version I tested last year) and failing
> > on linux-next-20101227 (which was the very next linux-next release).
> >
> > Not sure why, but my Panda manages to get the VID:PID of the hub as
> > well, while yours does not even get there.
> >
> > I may need a few more hours to debug this, unless someone beats me
> > to it. ;)
>
> Is it caused by the below?
>
> [   46.580200] ehci-omap ehci-omap.0: failed to get ehci port0 regulator
>

Nope. We don't set up any regulators for the PHY on Panda (at least not
yet).

And the working case (next-20101221) has the same log.

I suspect the PHY doesn't get reset for the proper duration; I'm looking
for something in that area. (Another option is to bisect between the two
versions, but I'm not sure if that's any easier).

- Anand