Subject: linux-next: Failure to build using next-20180326 and next-20180323

From: Neil Armstrong <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2018 12:20:30 +0200

Hi,

While building on arm64, the commit b6e05477c10c ("dma/direct: Handle the memory encryption bit in common code") breaks the compilation using defconfig:

  CC      arch/arm64/mm/dma-mapping.o
In file included from arch/arm64/mm/dma-mapping.c:27:0:
./include/linux/dma-direct.h:40:26: error: redefinition of ‘phys_to_dma’
 static inline dma_addr_t phys_to_dma(struct device *dev, phys_addr_t paddr)
                          ^~~~~~~~~~~
In file included from ./include/linux/dma-direct.h:9:0,
                 from arch/arm64/mm/dma-mapping.c:27:
./arch/arm64/include/asm/dma-direct.h:12:26: note: previous definition of ‘phys_to_dma’ was here
 static inline dma_addr_t phys_to_dma(struct device *dev, phys_addr_t paddr)
                          ^~~~~~~~~~~
In file included from ./include/linux/dma-mapping.h:13:0,
                 from ./include/linux/dma-direct.h:5,
                 from arch/arm64/mm/dma-mapping.c:27:
./include/linux/dma-direct.h: In function ‘phys_to_dma’:
./include/linux/dma-direct.h:42:19: error: implicit declaration of function ‘__phys_to_dma’ [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
  return __sme_set(__phys_to_dma(dev, paddr));
                   ^
./include/linux/mem_encrypt.h:50:24: note: in definition of macro ‘__sme_set’
 #define __sme_set(x)  (x)
                        ^
In file included from arch/arm64/mm/dma-mapping.c:27:0:
./include/linux/dma-direct.h: At top level:
./include/linux/dma-direct.h:45:27: error: redefinition of ‘dma_to_phys’
 static inline phys_addr_t dma_to_phys(struct device *dev, dma_addr_t daddr)
                           ^~~~~~~~~~~
In file included from ./include/linux/dma-direct.h:9:0,
                 from arch/arm64/mm/dma-mapping.c:27:
./arch/arm64/include/asm/dma-direct.h:19:27: note: previous definition of ‘dma_to_phys’ was here
 static inline phys_addr_t dma_to_phys(struct device *dev, dma_addr_t dev_addr)
                           ^~~~~~~~~~~
In file included from ./include/linux/dma-mapping.h:13:0,
                 from ./include/linux/dma-direct.h:5,
                 from arch/arm64/mm/dma-mapping.c:27:
./include/linux/dma-direct.h: In function ‘dma_to_phys’:
./include/linux/dma-direct.h:47:19: error: implicit declaration of function ‘__dma_to_phys’ [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
  return __sme_clr(__dma_to_phys(dev, daddr));
                   ^
./include/linux/mem_encrypt.h:51:24: note: in definition of macro ‘__sme_clr’
 #define __sme_clr(x)  (x)
                        ^
cc1: some warnings being treated as errors
scripts/Makefile.build:312: recipe for target 'arch/arm64/mm/dma-mapping.o' failed
make[1]: *** [arch/arm64/mm/dma-mapping.o] Error 1
Makefile:1057: recipe for target 'arch/arm64/mm' failed
make: *** [arch/arm64/mm] Error 2

Reverting the commit fixes the build.

Neil

-- 
Neil Armstrong
Embedded Linux Software Engineer
BayLibre - At the Heart of Embedded Linux
www.baylibre.com