Subject: Re: linux-next: build warnings in Linus' tree

From: Nicolas Saenz Julienne <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 2020 01:31:53 +0200

Hi Rob, Stephen,

On Fri, 2020-04-03 at 17:16 -0600, Rob Herring wrote:
> +Nicolas
> 
> On Fri, Apr 3, 2020 at 4:19 PM Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > 
> > Today's linux-next build of Linus' tree (arm multi_v7_defconfig) produced
> > these warnings:
> > 
> > arch/arm/boot/dts/bcm2835-rpi.dtsi:18.4-15: Warning (dma_ranges_format):
> > /soc/firmware:dma-ranges: empty "dma-ranges" property but its #address-
cells 
> > (2) differs from /soc (1)
> > arch/arm/boot/dts/bcm2835-rpi.dtsi:18.4-15: Warning (dma_ranges_format):
> > /soc/firmware:dma-ranges: empty "dma-ranges" property but its #address-
cells 
> > (2) differs from /soc (1)
> > arch/arm/boot/dts/bcm2835-rpi.dtsi:18.4-15: Warning (dma_ranges_format):
> > /soc/firmware:dma-ranges: empty "dma-ranges" property but its #address-
cells 
> > (2) differs from /soc (1)
> > arch/arm/boot/dts/bcm2835-rpi.dtsi:18.4-15: Warning (dma_ranges_format):
> > /soc/firmware:dma-ranges: empty "dma-ranges" property but its #address-
cells 
> > (2) differs from /soc (1)
> > arch/arm/boot/dts/bcm2835-rpi.dtsi:18.4-15: Warning (dma_ranges_format):
> > /soc/firmware:dma-ranges: empty "dma-ranges" property but its #address-
cells 
> > (2) differs from /soc (1)
> > arch/arm/boot/dts/bcm2835-rpi.dtsi:18.4-15: Warning (dma_ranges_format):
> > /soc/firmware:dma-ranges: empty "dma-ranges" property but its #address-
cells 
> > (2) differs from /soc (1)
> > arch/arm/boot/dts/bcm2835-rpi.dtsi:18.4-15: Warning (dma_ranges_format):
> > /soc/firmware:dma-ranges: empty "dma-ranges" property but its #address-
cells 
> > (2) differs from /soc (1)
> > arch/arm/boot/dts/bcm2835-rpi.dtsi:18.4-15: Warning (dma_ranges_format):
> > /soc/firmware:dma-ranges: empty "dma-ranges" property but its #address-
cells 
> > (2) differs from /soc (1)
> > arch/arm/boot/dts/bcm2835-rpi.dtsi:18.4-15: Warning (dma_ranges_format):
> > /soc/firmware:dma-ranges: empty "dma-ranges" property but its #address-
cells 
> > (2) differs from /soc (1)
> > arch/arm/boot/dts/bcm2835-rpi.dtsi:18.4-15: Warning (dma_ranges_format):
> > /soc/firmware:dma-ranges: empty "dma-ranges" property but its #address-
cells 
> > (2) differs from /soc (1)
> > arch/arm/boot/dts/bcm2835-rpi.dtsi:18.4-15: Warning (dma_ranges_format):
> > /soc/firmware:dma-ranges: empty "dma-ranges" property but its #address-
cells 
> > (2) differs from /soc (1)
> > arch/arm/boot/dts/bcm2835-rpi.dtsi:18.4-15: Warning (dma_ranges_format):
> > /soc/firmware:dma-ranges: empty "dma-ranges" property but its #address-
cells 
> > (2) differs from /soc (1)
> > arch/arm/boot/dts/bcm2835-rpi.dtsi:18.4-15: Warning (dma_ranges_format):
> > /soc/firmware:dma-ranges: empty "dma-ranges" property but its #address-
cells 
> > (2) differs from /soc (1)
> > arch/arm/boot/dts/bcm2835-rpi.dtsi:18.4-15: Warning (dma_ranges_format):
> > /soc/firmware:dma-ranges: empty "dma-ranges" property but its #address-
cells 
> > (2) differs from /soc (1)
> > 
> > I have no idea what caused this :-(
> 
> A dtc update combined with changes that landed in the above file after
> I tested and fixed the new warnings.

Sorry for the warnings. A fix is already making its way into the soc fixes
tree.

Here's the commit for reference: https://lkml.org/lkml/2020/3/26/445

Regards,
Nicolas