Subject: Re: linux-next: manual merge of the pidfd tree with the y2038 tree

From: Jens Axboe <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2019 15:44:17 -0700

On 1/21/19 1:23 PM, Christian Brauner wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 21, 2019 at 09:15:27PM +0100, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
>> On Mon, Jan 21, 2019 at 8:13 PM Christian Brauner <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>> On Mon, Jan 21, 2019 at 06:16:22PM +0100, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
>>>> On Mon, Jan 21, 2019 at 4:40 AM Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>>
>>> I plan on sending the pidfd branch with the new pidfd_send_signal()
>>> syscall for the 5.1 window. Should we somehow coordinate so that our
>>> branches don't conflict? Any suggestions?
>>
>> A conflict can't be avoided, but if you pick system call number 427
>> for pidfd_send_signal, and Jens picks numbers 424 through 426 for
> 
> That sounds good to me. Since it's only one syscall for the pidfd branch
> is there anything that speaks against me using 424? Given that the other
> patchset has 4 new syscalls. :)
> Jens, any objections?

I'm fine with either one, I'll have to renumber in any case. But it's 3
new syscalls (424, 425, 426), not 4.

Arnd, what's the best way to make this switch now, in my tree? Would be
great if I didn't have to change it again once I make the change.

-- 
Jens Axboe