Subject: Re: linux-next: Tree for Sep 7

From: Akira Yokosawa <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2023 12:00:39 +0900

On Thu, 7 Sep 2023 11:12:01 +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi all,
> 
> Please do *not* include material destined for v6.7 in your linux-next
> included branches until *after* v6.6-rc1 has been released.  Also,
> do *not* rebase your linu-next included branches onto v6.5.
> 
> Changes since 20230906:
> 
> Non-merge commits (relative to Linus' tree): 1537
>  1783 files changed, 276430 insertions(+), 25266 deletions(-)
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
[...]

Stephen, I have noticed quite a few redundant documentation files
reappeared in today's linux-next.  I didn't check linux-next earlier
this week.

Redundant dirs:

    Documentation/loongarch/
    Documentation/mips/
    Documentation/s390/
    Documentation/translations/zh_CN/loongarch/
    Documentation/translations/zh_CN/mips/

Bisection blames merge commit be2bf9967daa ("Merge branch 'for-next'
of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/riscv/linux.git").

I suspect the conflict in Documentation/bpf/linux-notes.rst caused
those files once moved to arch/ in upstream to be picked up again
during "git merge" ...

Best Regards,

    Akira