Subject: Re: linux-next: manual merge of the wireless-next tree with Linus' tree

From: Johannes Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2024 09:19:40 +0200

On Wed, 2024-10-09 at 09:13 +0200, Greg Kroah-Hartman wrote:

> > But if the conflict is to Linus's tree, is that even going to help?
> > Seems like I should pull in -rc2 and solve this one and the ks7010 one
> > that way? Just need to check with net-next?
> 
> I'm not worried about the conflict with Linus's tree, sorry, I now see
> that that's what was being reported here also.

Ah OK. But I checked, and I can just pull in net-next to resolve this
and two other conflicts (where one appears to be due to git getting
confused between moving a file and deleting another copy of it in
staging), so I'll probably just do that, just need to sync with Kalle.

> I just want to get your
> staging driver changes, so I'll pull in up to commit 4991d2e7ad38, which
> is all I really care about :)

Oh OK, so that's mostly unrelated then. Sure, you can pull that in so
you have the staging changes I've made in case other staging patches
want to touch the files.

Although ... maybe wait with that too. If you merge that now you'll have
to resolve (some of) the conflicts, and if I'm merging net-next now as
well we'll have two conflict resolutions for the same thing? That seems
a bit strange, even if the resolutions are almost certainly going to be
identical.

I can push out the net-next merge (& revert) soon, and then it'll all be
cleaner?

johannes