Subject: manual merge of the cix tree with the arm-soc tree

From: Thierry Reding <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 May 2026 11:12:23 +0200

Today's linux-next merge of the cix tree got a conflict in:

  arch/arm64/configs/defconfig

between commit:

  f54f7979ff88 ("arm64: defconfig: Move entries to match savedefconfig")

from the arm-soc trees and commit:

  f4f1e3bdb5f9 ("arm64: defconfig: Enable CIX Sky1 pinctrl, PCIe host, and Cadence GPIO")

from the cix tree.

It looks like the patch from the cix tree somehow partially landed in
the arm-soc tree, even though it wasn't pulled yet.

I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating
with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

diff --git a/arch/arm64/configs/defconfig b/arch/arm64/configs/defconfig
index 094bb9cd8764..e5f1901ee408 100644
--- a/arch/arm64/configs/defconfig
+++ b/arch/arm64/configs/defconfig
@@ -701,6 +701,7 @@ CONFIG_PINCTRL_SM8550_LPASS_LPI=m
 CONFIG_PINCTRL_SM8650_LPASS_LPI=m
 CONFIG_PINCTRL_SOPHGO_SG2000=y
 CONFIG_GPIO_ALTERA=m
+CONFIG_GPIO_CADENCE=m
 CONFIG_GPIO_DAVINCI=y
 CONFIG_GPIO_DWAPB=y
 CONFIG_GPIO_MB86S7X=y