Subject: RE: linux-next: Tree for Apr 19 (dell smbios SMM)

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2018 17:42:52 +0000

> Hi,
> I've attached it here.
> thanks,
> --
> ~Randy

Thanks.  Darren's patch.  It was supposed to be prevented by 
32d7b19bad9695c4c9026b0ceb3a384561ddee70
(see comment in Kconfig).

#                                                                   
# The DELL_SMBIOS driver depends on ACPI_WMI and/or DCDBAS if those 
# backends are selected. The "depends" line prevents a configuration
# where DELL_SMBIOS=y while either of those dependencies =m.        
#                                                                   

As I can tell it's getting caused by CONFIG_DELL_LAPTOP which is
        select DELL_SMBIOS

OK, this should help:
https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/10353385/