Subject: Re: linux-next: manual merge of the wireless-next tree with the wireless tree

From: Johannes Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2024 07:51:27 +0100

Hi Stephen,

> Today's linux-next merge of the wireless-next tree got a conflict in:
> 
>   drivers/net/wireless/intel/iwlwifi/mvm/mld-mac80211.c
> 
> between commit:
> 
>   cbe84e9ad5e2 ("wifi: iwlwifi: mvm: really send iwl_txpower_constraints_cmd")
> 
> from the wireless tree and commit:
> 
>   188a1bf89432 ("wifi: mac80211: re-order assigning channel in activate links")
> 
> from the wireless-next tree.

Yeah, I'm aware, but thanks for the heads-up for everyone :)

> I fixed it up (the latter removed some code that the former moved some
> other cde around - so I effectively just used the latter)

Not sure that _description_ seems right, IIRC it was something like ABC
going to ACB in one part, and A'BC in the other part, and should be A'CB
in the end? In terms of blocks of code there. But the resolution looks
good, thanks.

> and can carry
> the fix as necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next is
> concerned, but any non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your
> upstream maintainer when your tree is submitted for merging.

Yeah, still sorting that out :) We'll probably do some merges for the
resolution ourselves in wireless.

johannes