Subject: Re: linux-next: failing to fetch the sysctl tree

From: [email-masked] (Eric W. Biederman)
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2011 15:41:50 -0800

Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Eric,
>
> Fetching the sysctl tree produces this error:
>
> fatal: Couldn't find remote ref refs/heads/master
>
> And indeed the sysctl tree on git.kernel.org is completely empty (i.e.
> there are no commits).  Maybe you should remove it and recreate it as a
> fork of Linus' tree.

Something weird happened when I re-uploaded things.  Apparently hitting
Ctrl-C if when you are uploading and realized you forgot to clone from
Linus's repository is fatal to how git.kernel.org manages things.  Last
I checked I could not even delete the broken repository.

Can you please switch to linux/kernel/git/ebiederm/sysctl.git instead of
sysctl-2.6.git.

With a little luck I will have something interesting in there this
round.

Thanks,
Eric