Subject: Re: [-next July 9 - s390 ] Badness at fs/sysfs/symlink.c:82 during qeth initalization

From: [email-masked] (Eric W. Biederman)
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2010 03:39:24 -0700

Sachin Sant <[email-masked]> writes:

> Eric W. Biederman wrote:
>>> With today's next(20100709) qeth interface fails to initialize
>>> with following Badness message:
>>>     sysfs: symlink across ns_types 0.0.6000/net:eth0 -> net/eth0
>>>     
>>
>> Is this with CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED set?
>>
>> I think I may have made my warning check a little extra strict.
>>   
> Yes.
>
> CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED=y
> CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED_V2=y

Ugh. It looks like the warning is correct and I have a regression
in 2.6.35 that was overlooked because I did not closely test
CONIFG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED.  I will see if I can cook up a proper
patch shortly.

Eric