Subject: Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the driver-core tree

From: [email-masked] (Eric W. Biederman)
Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 00:00:01 -0700

Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Greg,
>
> After merging the driver-core tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
> ppc64_defconfig) failed like this:
>
> fs/sysfs/mount.c: In function 'sysfs_exit_ns':
> fs/sysfs/mount.c:160: error: 'S_BIAS' undeclared (first use in this function)
>
> Caused by commit c80e63f000aa7cf73a430b2cb57dbbb91554a847 ("sysfs:
> Implement sysfs tagged directory support") from the driver-core tree
> interacting with commit f3ffc7acb6a6ebec0a9e660d9211ed048d7e90f5 ("get
> rid of S_BIAS") from the vfs tree.
>
> I don't know how to fix this, so I just commented the code out for now
> (see below). Please someone supply a correct fix.
>
> [Al, I notice that the "get rid of S_BIAS" patch has an author date of
> March 22 - it would have been nice if it had been in linux-next during
> the last two months so that we could have had a fix for this some time
> ago.]

Stephen what is the easiest way to get a copy of Al's tree so I can take
a look to see what needs to happen?

Eric