Subject: Re: [-next] FATAL: drivers/gpu/drm/udl/udl: sizeof(struct usb_device_id)=24 is not a modulo of the size of section __mod_usb_device_table=44.

From: Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2012 17:43:40 +0200

Bjørn Mork <[email-masked]> writes:

> AFAIK (which admittedly is not much wrt cross building) there is no way
> we can make the host built file2alias know the proper aligment for the
> structure in the target built modules.  That's the background for this
> fix: 
>
> commit 4ce6efed48d736e3384c39ff87bda723e1f8e041
> Author: Sam Ravnborg <[email-masked]>
> Date:   Sun Mar 23 21:38:54 2008 +0100
>
>     kbuild: soften modpost checks when doing cross builds

This is not a fix in any sense of the word.  modpost can only work
properly if its view of the device_id structures matches *exactly* that
of the target.

Andreas.

-- 
Andreas Schwab, [email-masked]
GPG Key fingerprint = 58CA 54C7 6D53 942B 1756  01D3 44D5 214B 8276 4ED5
"And now for something completely different."
--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kbuild" in
the body of a message to [email-masked]
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html