Subject: Re: writable limits to -next

From: Krzysztof Halasa <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 01:35:11 +0100

Hi,

BTW you may want to check if the current wording is correct:

Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]> writes:

> You will need to ensure that the patches/commits in your tree/series have
> been:
>      * submitted under GPL v2 (or later) and include the Contributor's
         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It's not ok to submit under e.g. GPL v3 only, I'd suggest "under GPL v2
and optionally other licence(s)" or something like that.

For example code under BSD-style licence (in addition to GPLv2) is
present in Linux, though I think any additional licence (the "later" as
in "GPL v2 or later", GPL v3, MS EULA etc.) is acceptable as long as it
is really additional, i.e., if one can ignore it and "use" GPLv2
exclusively.

IANAL of course.
-- 
Krzysztof Halasa