Subject: Re: linux-next: manual merge of the sound tree

From: Takashi Iwai <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2008 11:26:38 +0200

At Mon, 1 Sep 2008 19:03:07 +1000,
Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> 
> On Mon, 01 Sep 2008 10:34:32 +0200 Takashi Iwai <[email-masked]> wrote:
> >
> > > The other option is for Stephen to just keep fixing the merge,
> > > if we just do nothing his way of doing this is automated.
> > 
> > That's fine for me, too.
> > But, I guess we'd need to fix the conflict anyway when 2.6.28 merge
> > window is opened.
> 
> Thats fine by me.  Looks like whoever gets in first in the merge window
> wins :-)

Well, basically I just need to leave the code David changes as is so
that the patch doesn't conflict.  Then git will resolve the rest
gracefully.

I fixed the conflict and rebuilt my tree now.  Tomorrow's linux-next
merge should work without conflict.  Let me know if you still get a
conflict.

thanks,

Takashi