Subject: Re: [BUG][bisected 270065e] linux-next fails to boot on powerpc

From: "Martin K. Petersen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2017 16:27:12 -0400

Brian,

>> Thanks for the detailed analysis. This is very helpful. Have you
>> considered to change the ipr driver such that it terminates REPORT
>> SUPPORTED OPERATION CODES commands with the appropriate check
>> condition code instead of DID_ERROR?
>
> Yes. That data is actually in the sense buffer, but since I'm also
> setting DID_ERROR, scsi_decide_disposition isn't using it. I've got a
> patch to do just as you suggest, to stop setting DID_ERROR when there
> is more detailed error data available, but it will need some
> additional testing before I submit, as it will impact much more than
> just this case.

I agree. In this case where a command is not supported, a check
condition would be a better way to signal the failure to the SCSI
midlayer.

-- 
Martin K. Petersen	Oracle Linux Engineering