Subject: MVME 5100 flash programming

From: "Rick Hunnicutt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 12:35:35 -0800

Hello all,

I have a 5100 running the 2.4.2 kernel and want to use the onboard flash.
With PPC_Bug, we are able to program the 16M area with a kernel and RAM disk
image and boot. At the very least, I'd like to use some of the remaining
flash area as a read/write area for configuration data. Ideally, I'd like
the whole flash area to be a JFFS file system using MTD and the CFI
interface.

Problem is, I am unable to get the flash to respond to any type of query.
The MTD code fails to get a response to the CFI query. Other code that tries
to perform a simple query of the chips Manufacture ID fails as well. I can
read the data in the flash that was written by pflash but can't seem to get
writes to occur.

Anyone using the flash on a 5100 at all? Any ideas, code samples, help at
all would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Rick

** Sent via the linuxppc-embedded mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/