Subject: patch for aty128fb.c that hopefully will work on both Rage128 and Rage128Pro

From: Kevin Hendricks <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2000 17:40:09 -0500

Hi Ben,

I looked and the aty128fb.c does not do anything with the MCLK value so I never
bothered to calculate it.

So assuming OF sets the PLL registers properly (and it did on my B+W G3 rev2
and my brand new G4 with Rage128Pro), this patch calculates the XCLK and reads
the reference divider for the VCLK but does not set X_MPLL_REF_FB_DIV at all.

The patch is attached.

By the way this patch works fine on my B+W G3, let's hope it will work fine for
you and others.  If so, I will create a similar patch for xf400 and give
that to Kostas to submit to xfree86.org.

Kevin

--
Kevin B. Hendricks
Associate Professor of Operations and Information Technology
Richard Ivey School of Business, University of Western Ontario
London, Ontario  N6A-3K7  CANADA
[email-masked], (519) 661-3874, fax: 519-661-3959