Subject: gdb - dgbserver problem

From: "Ami Levi Waves" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 17:40:31 +0100

Hi there,

I'm having a problem when using gdb to debug an application via the
gdbserver. It seems the gdbserver crashes when I issue "continue" command
(the target just hangs, no response, no messages on the Linux console).

This is what I'm getting on the gdb side (I'm using verbose and debug
modes):

(gdb) continue

Continuing.

Sending packet: $Z0,100004dc,4#02...Ack

Packet received:

Packet Z0 (software-breakpoint) is NOT supported

Sending packet: $m100004dc,4#b9...Ack

Packet received: 3d201000

Sending packet: $X100004dc,0:#da...Ack

Packet received:

binary downloading NOT suppported by target

Sending packet: $M100004dc,4:7d821008#a1...Ack

Timed out.

Timed out.

Timed out.

Ignoring packet error, continuing...

Sending packet: $m3000c380,4#8e...Sending packet: $m3000c380,4#8e...Sending
packet: $m3000c380,4#8e...Sending packet: $m3000c380,4#8e...Timed out.

Timed out.

Timed out.

Ignoring packet error, continuing...

Reply contains invalid hex digit 116

Here are a few words about my setup:

I'm using an Arabella 2.6.12 custom kernel that contains USB support.
Everything is working fine (Except for this problem).

I'm using the new DENX 4.1 toolchain to compile both my kernel &
application. I'm using Fedora desktop to run the gdb and the gdbserver is on
my custom MPC880 board. 

I'm using IP to connect the gdb to gdbserver. I'm following the exact
guidelines described on DENX web site. 

In order to simplify the problem I'm using a simple "hello world" program. 

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Ami Levi