Subject: Xilinx git tree, LLTemac driver

From: "Magnus Hjorth" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 10:57:42 +0100

Hi,

I'm trying to compile the Linux kernel from the Xilinx git tree
(linux-2.6-xlnx) and am having some trouble with the LLTemac driver, having
to do with MAC address settings. 

There seems to be two routines getting the MAC address in different ways.
The xtenet_probe function tries to access an extern bd_t __res, the type
bd_t doesn't exist in the powerpc tree which causes the compilation to fail.
Then there is the xtenet_of_probe function which uses of_get_mac_address.

What confuses me is that both the regular and the OF driver is registered in
the xtenet_init function, I would have expected it to be either/or. 

Can I expect under the powerpc arch and supplying a .dts file, that the
xtenet_probe function will never be called? 

Best regards,
Magnus

--

Magnus Hjorth, M.Sc.
Omnisys Instruments AB
Gruvgatan 8
SE-421 30  Västra Frölunda, SWEDEN
Phone: +46 31 734 34 09
Fax: +46 31 734 34 29
http://www.omnisys.se