Subject: LINUX BOOT UP PROBLEM-PPC405 ML403

From: "Li Jun (Aaron)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 01:10:08 +0800

Hi,

When I try to boot the linux on the Xilinx virtex4 fx ml403 board.

The information below shows up:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-

Welcome to ML403 Linux 2.6

Starting system...

mounting /proc: done.

Mounting '/' read-write: done.

brining up loopback interface: done.

Mounting /tmp: done.

Starting syslogd: done.

Starting klogd: done.

Starting inetd: done.

System started.

starting pid 158, tty '': '/sbin/getty'

process '/sbin/getty -L ttyUL0 9600 vt100' (pid 158) exited. Scheduling it
for r

estart.

starting pid 163, tty '': '/sbin/getty'

process '/sbin/getty -L ttyUL0 9600 vt100' (pid 163) exited. Scheduling it
for r

estart.

starting pid 168, tty '': '/sbin/getty'

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------

I am using the uart lite 9600, and the inittab of my root file system is as
below:

::sysinit:/etc/init.d/rcS

#::askfirst:-/bin/sh

::ctrlaltdel:/sbin/reboot

::shutdown:/sbin/swapoff -a

::shutdown:/bin/umount -a -r

::restart:/sbin/init

::respawn:/sbin/getty -L ttyUL0 9600 vt100

Anybody can help?

Thanks!

Best regards,

Li Jun