Subject: Problem with 8250 in promiscuous mode : Ethernet received frames losts

From: "Christian Charreyre - CIO" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 17:22:53 +0200

I'm working with a custom board based on 8250 PPC.
It's using the fcc_enet.c driver on Linux 2.4.18 from Elinos distribution
(version 0.3 of the driver).

I face the following problem :

When sending 802.3 frames from a PowerMac, and receiving them on my custom
board in promiscuous mode, about 10% of the frames are lost.

Does anyone know if the driver has bugs when working in promiscuous mode,
that could explain such a phenomen ?

Is this version of the driver the up to date version (looking in sources
from RedHat Linux 9 for PPC, it seems that the driver version is only 0.2) ?

Thanks for help or hints.

Christian Charreyre

--

CIO Informatique Industrielle

11 Avenue Marigny
13014 Marseille

Tél : 04 95 05 19 41
Fax : 04 95 05 19 42

1 rue de la Presse - BP 710
42950 St Etienne Cedex 9

Tél : 04 77 93 34 32
Fax : 04 77 79 75 55

mailto:[email-masked]
http://www.cioinfoindus.fr

** Sent via the linuxppc-embedded mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/