Subject: RE: Lite5200 and PCI1520 - preliminary patch

From: "Andrew Dennison" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 18:11:41 +1100

On Tuesday, 14 December 2004 11:33 AM, [email-masked] wrote:
> 
> I'd like to see your patch (even if preliminary).
> 

Well - here it is.

This is a patch against Denx linuxppc_2_4_devel, LABEL_2003_12_22_1500.
Yes - I know that's old but I have some RTAI modules and I didn't want to
jump kernel versions just yet.

All problems I've fixed are still in the top of CVS anyway. Some changes
I've made are backported from or inspired by later 2.4 and 2.6 kernels.

Current status:
orinoco_cs cards work for me
ide_cs fails registering the driver.
some cardbus cards enumerate and can dump_cis, others cause a TEA on
insertion. May be hardware or software bugs:)
card status and functional interrupts sometimes don't work on boot.
IRQ = 0 not supported, may just change mpc5xxx_pci to start interrupts at
1 as fixing this is a lot of work, and all the same assumptions still
exist in 2.6:(
lots of debug rubbish still present

Issues addressed:
1) remap PCI addresses to make PCMCIA feasible
2) use io_block_mapping for MBAR, so pci configuration type 0 cycles are
on a valid memory address after init
3) fix pci configuration type 1 cycles as per errata
4) add PCI1520 support, with interrupt related fixes
5) added preliminary support for my hardware. Most (all?) of the
deviations from idecube in the vpc platform are required for PCMCIA

If anyone has a cardbus pci card that works in a lite5200 and wants to do
some testing I can patch the icecube platform.

I would appreciate some feedback on this!

Andrew