Subject: Re: is (F)ADS 8xx board mature enough?

From: "Navin Boppuri" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 09:33:25 -0600

Hello Leonard,

I have used the FADS 823 for my needs. I did not have any major problems
with it. But the pro's tell me that it is not a reliable board.

I have also used the TQM823 board from Denx. It is a reliable board and the
support is good. My reason for getting the TQM823 board was that I could use
2 RS-232's. The FADS 823 has a 2nd RS-232 which may be used only if the
ethernet is turned off.

Hope this helps.
Navin Boppuri

----- Original Message -----
From: "Leonard Ye" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, January 26, 2001 3:18 AM
Subject: is (F)ADS 8xx board mature enough?

> A newbie question.  Currently, I am considering using FADS 823/850/860
> board for embedded system development.  While I was reading the "Linux for
> PowerPC Embedded Systems HOWTO" as every newbie did initially, I was
> referred to the message written by Dan Malek on 03 Sep 1999 in this
> maillist. His oppinion on FADS 8xx is that "I don't recommend using any
> (F)ADS board with Linux/PPC."  The full message can be viewed at:
> http://lists.linuxppc.org/listarcs/linuxppc-embedded/199909/msg00007.html
>
> It has been more than one year since this message was written. I would like
> to know has this situation been changed?  I need  good PCMCIA, ethernet and
> UART support, USB support is need in the second stage of development.  Any
> comments from you guys?

** Sent via the linuxppc-embedded mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/