Subject: Fw: MPC8260 bad interrupts

From: "Ing.Gianfranco Morandi (LAN)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 12:24:46 +0100

> Jon Diekema  wrote:

> This problem was discussed on mailing list before also and you can
> eliminate this problem by inserting a sync instruction at a certain
> place in the 8260 interrupt handling code. See, for example,

I had the same problem with our custom driver, and the patch eliminated the
problem.
After a double check on our code we found a small bug over a possible race
condition.
After fixed the bug we removed the sync instruction and bad interrupt never
happened again.

My personal suggestion is:

1 - have a look to the mail thread then  you will discover that this problem
     occours only with centain kernel revision;
2 - double check your code to be sure that you do not have any race
condition;
3 - check your hardware init sequence;
4 - finally apply the patch (only in you do not have any better solution).

** Sent via the linuxppc-embedded mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/