Subject: Re: Linux on XPC860

From: "Sid" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 05:57:53 +0800

> > Could anyone point me to an appropriate resource where I can find
details on
> > getting Linux running on this board.
>
> www.mvista.com
>
> (Sorry, couldn't help it :-).

I am sorry if my questions appear trivial. I am new to PowerPCs and
am quite lost. I do have a HardHat CDK1.2 cd and I have succeeded
in running linux on an ARM machine. I'm stuck at the PowerPC and
one of the things I'm lacking is hardware documentation.

> > On a slightly different note, is this processor the same as the MPC860?
>
> Yes, sort of.  The 'M' designation means lots of things for Motorola,
> including availability, shipping channels, and quality.  Until the part
> is fully qualified, it carries the 'X' marking.  What kind of "Motorola"
> board do you have?

The board I have has an embedded XPC860MHZP50C1 processor. Apart
from this a DRAM slot, a parallel port, 10BaseT slot, standard stuff, I
assume.

Does this mean that I can use MPC860 documentation without any major
differences?

Thank you once again.

regards,
Sid

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/