Subject: Re: MBX860 - minicom

From: "Sid" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 01:06:21 +0800

> Hi,
>
> please check your cables. I think its a handshaking problem.
>
> \Charlie.

Hi,

I discovered the reason. My 3.3 V input pin was only receiving 1.8V and all
the lights were not turning on.

This is because I couldn't find a standard power supply for this board and I
had to make a make-shift one and apparently the load on the 3.3V pin is so
high that my power supply can't handle it.

Could anyone using this board tell me what kind of power supply they are
using on this board? Maybe even the expected load resistance at normal
operation, so that I have a rough gauge of the Input current required to
drive it at 3.3V.

Do power pcs have a different lkind of power supply than the i386 machines?
As in the Voltage/Current specs.

Thank you once again.

regards,
Sid
--
[email-masked]

Kirk: "Oh, by the way, thank you for this."
Spock: "I know of your fondness for antiques."
Kirk: "'It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.'  Message,
Spock?"
Spock: "None that I'm conscious of.  Except of course, happy birthday.
  Surely, the best of times."
--"STII:TWOK", Stardate 8130.3

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/